AI Prototype “Make It Real” feature, developed by the collaborative whiteboard app maker “tldraw”
The process begins with the user drawing an interface or game concept on the tldraw canvas. The drawing is then converted into a base64 encoded PNG image, which serves as input for the GPT-4V API. GPT-4V’s visual interpretation capabilities enable it to analyze the drawing and generate the necessary code to bring the design to life.
The “Make It Real” feature has demonstrated its potential in various scenarios, including:
- Creating interactive sliders that manipulate on-screen objects
- Developing interfaces for modifying object colors
- Implementing simple games like tic-tac-toe
While the feature is still in its prototype stage, it showcases the exciting possibilities of AI-powered tools in software development. By enabling non-programmers to create functional interfaces and games from basic drawings, “Make It Real” could revolutionize the way software is prototyped and developed.
Potential benefits of using AI prototypes like “Make It Real”:
- Increased accessibility: Non-programmers can easily create and test software ideas without requiring coding expertise.
- Rapid prototyping: Ideas can be quickly transformed into functional prototypes, facilitating faster iteration and feedback.
- Enhanced creativity: The ability to visualize and test ideas directly through drawing can spark new creative directions.
- Improved collaboration: Designers and developers can work together more effectively by sharing and refining prototypes collaboratively.
As AI technology continues to evolve, we can expect to see further advancements in AI-powered prototyping tools. These tools have the potential to democratize software development, making it more accessible and empowering for a wider range of individuals.