The world premiere of the upcoming film “Barbie Movie” took place on July 9, 2023
It took place at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The film stars Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken, and it is directed by Greta Gerwig.
The premiere was a star-studded event, with many of the film’s cast and crew in attendance. Some of the highlights of the premiere included:
- Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling both wore Barbie-inspired outfits. Robbie wore a custom Schiaparelli gown made to look like a Solo in the Spotlight Barbie from the 1960s, while Gosling wore a pink suit with a white button-down shirt and brown loafers.
- Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish, who are both featured on the film’s soundtrack, also attended the premiere. Lipa wore a silver chainmail Bottega Veneta dress, while Eilish wore a pink and black ensemble.
- The cast and crew of the film gave a brief speech on the red carpet, where they talked about their excitement for the film and how much fun they had making it.
- Barbie Movie premiere also featured a Barbie-themed photo booth, where guests could take pictures with props and costumes.
The premiere of “Barbie Movie” was a major event for the film and the Barbie brand. It generated a lot of excitement and anticipation for the film, which is scheduled to be released in theaters on July 21, 2023.
Here are some other interesting facts about the Barbie premiere:
- The pink carpet was over 1,000 feet long.
- The Shrine Auditorium was decorated with over 10,000 roses.
- The after-party was held at the Santa Monica Pier.
The Barbie movie premiere was a truly over-the-top event, and it was a great way to kick off the film’s marketing campaign. It will be interesting to see how the film performs at the box office, but it is clear that there is a lot of excitement for it among fans.
Image creditBarbie (film), Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons