Nintendo releases in 2023:
- Fire Emblem Engage (January 20): A new Fire Emblem game set in a fantasy world with a focus on strategy and turn-based combat.
- Metroid Prime Remastered (February 8): A remastered version of the first Metroid Prime game, originally released for the GameCube in 2002.
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe (February 24): A remake of the 2011 Wii game Kirby’s Return to Dream Land, with updated graphics and new features.
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie (April 5): A live-action/animated film adaptation of the classic Super Mario Bros. video game series.
- Pokémon Horizons: The Series (April 14): A new anime series based on the Pokémon franchise, following the adventures of a new generation of trainers.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12): A new Legend of Zelda game set in a dark and mysterious kingdom.
- Everybody 1-2-Switch! (June 30): A party game that features a variety of mini-games that use the Joy-Con controllers in creative ways.
- Pikmin 4 (July 21): The long-awaited sequel to the popular Pikmin series, finally releasing after years of delays.
There are also a number of other notable games scheduled to be released for the Nintendo Switch in 2023, including:
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (April 21)
- Pokémon Concierge (TBA)
- Disney Illusion Island (July 28)
It’s still early in the year, so there are sure to be more exciting announcements from Nintendo in the months to come.