Here are some of the latest updates from the Women’s World Cup:
Finals: Spain Won the cup after defeating England 1-0
Semi-finals: Spain vs Sweden on Aug 15, 2023, Australia vs England on Aug 16, 2023
- The quarterfinals are set! The following teams have advanced to the next round:
- Argentina defeated Japan 3-1.
- Netherlands defeated Canada 2-1.
- England defeated Norway 8-0.
- France defeated Spain 2-1.
- The semifinals will be played on July 29 and 30. The following matches are scheduled:
- Argentina vs. Netherlands on July 29 at 11 am EDT.
- England vs. France on July 30 at 3 pm EDT.
- The final will be played on August 7. The match will be held at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais in Lyon, France.
- The United States and the Netherlands draw 1-1: The defending champions, the United States, drew with the Netherlands in their Group A match on July 27. The match was a closely contested affair, with both teams creating chances. The US took the lead in the first half through Sophia Smith, but the Netherlands equalized in the second half through Jill Roord.
- Canada beats Republic of Ireland 2-1: Canada also won their Group A match on July 26, beating the Republic of Ireland 2-1. The Canadians took the lead in the first half through Christine Sinclair, and they doubled their lead in the second half through Adriana Leon. The Republic of Ireland pulled a goal back late in the game, but it was not enough to avoid defeat.
- Spain thrashes Zambia 5-0: Spain scored five goals without reply to beat Zambia in their Group B match on July 26. The Spanish were in control from the start, and they scored three goals in the first half. They added two more goals in the second half to complete a comprehensive victory.
- Japan beats Costa Rica 2-0: Japan also won their Group B match on July 26, beating Costa Rica 2-0. The Japanese took the lead in the first half through Yui Hasegawa, and they added a second goal in the second half through Hina Sugita.
- Portugal beats Vietnam 2-0: Portugal won their Group C match on July 27, beating Vietnam 2-0. The Portuguese took the lead in the first half through Diana Silva, and they added a second goal in the second half through Carolina Mendes.
These are just a few of the latest updates from the Women’s World Cup. For more information, you can visit the FIFA website or follow the tournament on social media.
For the latest sports news please click here