Interesting quick facts about the Latin Grammy Awards
- The Latin Grammy Awards are an award presented by the Latin Recording Academy to recognize outstanding achievement in the Latin music industry.
- The Latin Grammy honors works recorded in Spanish or Portuguese from anywhere around the world that have been released in Ibero-America.
- The first awards ceremony was held on September 13, 2000, at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.
- Currently held annually in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- These are the equivalent of the Grammy Awards for Spanish and Portuguese music.
- These Awards are considered to be one of the most prestigious awards in the Latin music industry.
- The artist with the most awards is Calle 13, with 21 wins.
- The artist with the most awards as a solo artist is Juanes, with 19 wins.
- The artist with the most as a female artist is Natalia Lafourcade, with 13 wins.
- The Latin Grammy Awards are televised in over 100 countries around the world.
Watch the widely popular performance of Natalia Lafourcade
Image creditRGB Productions, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons