Best Inspirational Quotes When You Need Motivation
Motivation seems to be something we all crave, yet it’s not always easy to find. Our desire to be happy and find our life’s purpose often leaves us wandering to different entities in order to achieve happiness.
Sometimes, the best place to find the pick-me-up we are looking for is within a good book. It makes us feel as though we are not alone in our journey to find motivation and self-worth. And regardless of the length of each book, we tend to find an area that speaks to us the most, and then go on to recite, memorize, and share that part with people we feel need some motivation as well.
Here are some selected quotes to make your day bright
- Skimming through your self-help books to find the inspiration you need can be challenging. Let’s face it: self-help books can be hard to get into. They’re just not as compelling as the latest fiction book on the shelf. Luckily, you don’t have to! If a little motivation is what you’re looking for, we put together the best inspirational quotes from best-selling self-help books to help you find it in yourself to achieve your big dreams and goals.
- From quotes that’ll make you smile to quotes that’ll make you look at life just a little differently, each quote serves the purpose of reminding you that you are a lot stronger and wiser than you give yourself credit for. Here is a list of 27 inspiring quotes for when you are feeling down and need kind words to uplift your spirit.
- “No matter where you are in life, you’ll save a lot of time by not worrying too much about what other people think about you. The earlier in your life that you can learn that, the easier the rest of it will be.” — Sophia Amoruso, Girl Boss
- “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.” — Sophia Amoruso, Girl Boss
- “You combine hard work, creativity, and self-determination, and things start to happen.” — Sophia Amoruso, Girl Boss
- “Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds.” — Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich
- “Being comfortable can hurt your creative entrepreneurial spirit.” — Blake Mycoskie, Start Something That Matters
- “Focus on what you can control: your actions. How you react to negative feelings will be the key to your success.” — Blake Mycoskie, Start Something That Matters
- “See yourself as a work in progress.” — Brian Tracy, Eat That Frog
- “80 Percent of the constraints, the factors that are holding you back from achieving your goals, are internal.” — Brian Tracy, Eat That Frog
- “Successful people are those who are willing to delay gratification and make sacrifices in the short term so that they can enjoy far greater rewards in the long term.” — Brian Tracy, Eat That Frog
- “You can make just about anything of your life-anything you will believe or will visualize, anything you will pray for and work for. Look deeply into your mind. Amazing wonders are there. Whatever the situation may be, you can improve it.” — Brian Tracy, Eat That Frog
- “Surround your mind with healthy thoughts, thoughts of faith, and not fear, and you will produce faith results instead of fear results.” — Brian Tracy, Eat That Frog
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” — Viktor E Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
- “A man’s true delight is to do the things he was made for.” — Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson, Selected Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “But until a person can say deeply and honestly, “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday,” that person cannot say, “I choose otherwise.” — Stephen R. Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- “You have to begin to tell the story of your life as you now want it to be and discontinue the tales of how it has been or of how it is.” — Esther & Jerry Hicks, Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
- “Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” — Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
- “You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making.” — Stephen Richards, Think Your way to Success: Let Your Dreams Run Free
- “Of course, motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis.” — Zig Ziglar, Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” — Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.” — James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” — Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
- “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” — Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” — Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends & Influence People
- “Those who believe they can move mountains, do. Those who believe they can’t, cannot. Belief triggers the power to do.” — David J. Schwartz, The Magic of Thinking Big
- “It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually.” — M. Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled