Controversial Celebrity scandals
Top celebrity scandals in recent times:
- Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars: In March 2022, Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. The incident sparked a lot of controversy and discussion about violence, free speech, and celebrity culture.
- Johnny Depp wins defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard: In June 2022, Johnny Depp won a defamation lawsuit against his ex-wife, Amber Heard. Depp had sued Heard for $50 million, alleging that she defamed him in a 2018 op-ed in which she wrote about being a victim of domestic abuse. Heard countersued Depp for $100 million, alleging that he defamed her by calling her a liar. The jury found in Depp’s favor and awarded him $15 million in damages.
- Chrissy Teigen’s cyberbullying scandal: In May 2021, Chrissy Teigen was accused of cyberbullying several people, including Courtney Stodden and Farrah Abraham. Teigen apologized for her past behavior, but the scandal damaged her reputation and led to her losing several endorsement deals.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey: In March 2021, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry sat down with Oprah Winfrey for a tell-all interview in which they made a number of bombshell accusations about the royal family. The interview caused a lot of controversy and led to a rift between the Sussexes and the rest of the royal family.
- Ezra Miller’s erratic behavior: In recent years, Ezra Miller has been accused of a number of erratic behaviors, including assault, harassment, and threatening behavior. In April 2022, Miller was arrested in Hawaii for disorderly conduct and harassment. The actor has since been banned from returning to the country.
These are just a few of the many celebrity scandals that have made headlines in recent years. Celebrity scandals can be a major source of entertainment for the public, but they can also be a sign of deeper problems in society. These scandals often raise questions about power, privilege, and abuse. They can also be a reminder that even the most famous people are not immune to making mistakes.
Image creditSinglespeedfahrer, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons