A craze is a sudden and intense enthusiasm for something, especially something new or fashionable.
It is often short-lived, and people may lose interest in the craze just as quickly as they become interested.
Crazes can be for anything, from fashion trends and new products to hobbies and activities. Some examples of crazes include:
- The Hula Hoop craze of the 1950s
- The pet rock craze of the 1970s
- The Pokémon of the 1990s
- The fidget spinner of the 2010s
Can be driven by a variety of factors, including celebrity endorsements, social media trends, and word-of-mouth. They can also be fueled by a desire to be seen as cool or trendy.
While crazes can be fun and exciting, they can also be harmful. For example, people may spend a lot of money on-craze items, and this can also lead to social pressure and bullying.
Here are some recent craze news on the internet:
- Wally the emotional support alligator: A man named Joie Henney has been taking his emotional support alligator, Wally, to public places, including baseball games and restaurants. Wally has become a social media sensation, and his story has been featured in news outlets around the world.
- Chess cheating theory with vibrating anal beads: A bizarre theory has emerged that some chess players are cheating by using vibrating anal beads to signal them about the best moves to make. The theory has been circulating on social media, and it has even been discussed by chess grandmasters.
- Bear 64F breaking into homes and eating messy meals: A bear named Bear 64F has been breaking into dozens of homes in South Lake Tahoe, California, and helping himself to messy meals. The bear has become a local celebrity, and people have been sharing photos and videos of him on social media.
- Post Malone buys Magic: The Gathering’s ‘One Ring’ card for $2 million: Rapper Post Malone is a big fan of the collectible trading card game Magic: The Gathering. He recently purchased a one-of-a-kind card called “The One Ring” for an estimated $2 million. The card is considered to be one of the most valuable Magic: The Gathering cards in the world.
- Celebrate Christmas in July with The Sims 4: In July 2023, Electronic Arts launched a limited-time event in The Sims 4 called “Celebrate Christmas in July.” The event allowed players to decorate their homes for Christmas, even though it was summer. The event was a huge success, and many players enjoyed decorating their Sims’ homes for the holidays early.
These are just a few examples of recent craze news on the internet. Crazes can come and go quickly, but they can be a lot of fun to follow.
Image creditAlex Proimos from Sydney, Australia, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons