Money vs Currency
Money and Currency are the most important words in our whole life, however, do we know really the difference between them and their history?
- Should be portable, durable, divisible, and interchangeable.
- Is the medium through which values are expressed.
- Currency is the money in circulation in the form of paper or coins.
Barter system to today’s modern economies, we came across a long journey, however, inflation was a regular phenomenon throughout world history.
- Inflation types can be demand-pull inflation, cost-push inflation, and built-in inflation.
- Hyperinflation means an increase in prices rapidly because of printing too much money.
- Deflation means a reduction in demand and supply and thus low economic activity.
Here below is a primer on the History of “Money”