Popular nail art designs include ombre, French manicure, bold and artsy designs, and Metallic accents.
You can also check out Pinterest for more ideas. For example, Stephanie’s board “Nail Art Designs” has over 900 ideas for nail art designs.
Another source of inspiration is Glamour magazine, which has a list of 55 nail designs for 2023 that you might want to try.
How do I create a French manicure at home?
- Clean and Shape Your Nails: Remove any old polish from your nails with nail polish remover. Trim your nails to an even length and shape them with a nail file.
- Prepare Your Nails: Push back your cuticles and buff your nails for extra shine.
- Apply Base Coat: Start the manicure with a base coat.
- Paint the Tips: Paint on your French tips. You can use tape or French tip stencils to help get the perfect line.
- Apply a Sheer Pink Coat: Follow up with a sheer pink coat.
- Finish with a Top Coat: Finish it off with a top coat to seal in your design and add shine.
- Clean Up: Use pointed cotton swabs and nail polish remover for clean up.
Remember, practice makes perfect! Don’t be discouraged if your first few attempts aren’t perfect. With time, you’ll get the hang of it. Enjoy your at-home manicure!
How do I remove a French manicure?
- Gather Your Supplies: You will need nail polish remover, cotton rounds, and moisturizing lotion.
- Soak the Cotton Rounds: Soak each cotton round halfway with the nail polish remover.
- Rub the Polish Off: Rub the French manicure polish off in a circular motion. This helps get even the most stubborn polish off quickly. Apply extra pressure to the tip as there are usually two or three layers of polish there.
- Moisturize: After you’ve finished removing the French manicure, squeeze some moisturizing lotion into your palm, about the size of a dime. Apply lotion to your nails and cuticle.
If you prefer not to use acetone, you can try other types of remover such as hand sanitizers, hydrogen peroxide, and cuticle oil.
If you prefer, olive oil or other kitchen oils can be used.
Warm, soapy water or vinegar can be used to remove gel nails if there is no other solution available.
Here below nail art sample design
Image credit nail art designRamanpreet13, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons