Let’s track Real winners of Republican presidential debates as they happen.
Though Trump was not present in the debate, he is perceived as the winner by a lot of political pundits.
There was no official winner of the GOP presidential debate on August 23, 2023, as it was a multi-candidate debate. However, some experts have said that Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy had strong performances.
Haley, the former governor of South Carolina and United Nations ambassador, was praised for her sharp attacks on her opponents, particularly Ramaswamy. She also drew attention to her own experience in government, which she contrasted with Ramaswamy’s lack of experience.
Ramaswamy, a businessman and author, was praised for his willingness to take on the establishment candidates. He also drew attention to his outsider status, which he argued would be an asset in the general election.
Ultimately, the winner of the debate is a matter of opinion. However, Haley and Ramaswamy were two of the most talked-about candidates after the debate, and they could emerge as contenders for the Republican nomination.
Here are some of the other candidates who participated in the debate:
- Former Vice President Mike Pence
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
- Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton
- South Carolina Senator Tim Scott
- Former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley
- Author and venture capitalist Vivek Ramaswamy
- Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
- Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson
- North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum
The GOP Presidential debate was hosted by Fox News and took place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.