Here are some of the most popular Rangoli designs:
- Peacock Rangoli: The peacock is a symbol of beauty and prosperity in Indian culture. Peacock rangoli designs are often intricate and colorful, and they can be made to look like real peacocks.
- Ganesh Rangoli: Ganesh is the Hindu god of beginnings and remover of obstacles. Ganesh designs are often made at the entrance of homes and businesses to bring good luck.
- Flower Rangoli: Flower designs are some of the most popular and versatile rangoli designs. They can be made in a variety of colors and sizes, and they can be used to celebrate any occasion.
- Diya Rangoli: Diyas are small oil lamps that are used to celebrate festivals and special occasions in India. Diya is often made around diyas to add to the festive atmosphere.
- Bird Rangoli: Bird rangoli are popular in South India. They are often made to celebrate the arrival of spring and new beginnings.
- Border Rangoli: Border rangoli are often used to frame other rangoli designs. They can be made in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Dot Rangoli: Dot rangoli are made using dots of color. They are often very intricate and challenging to make.
- Freehand Rangoli: Freehand rangoli are made without the use of a stencil or grid. They are often more personal and expressive than other types of rangoli.
- Contemporary Rangoli: Contemporary rangoli designs are often made with modern materials and techniques, such as acrylic paint and glitter. They can be more abstract and experimental than traditional rangoli designs.
No matter what your skill level or taste, there is a rangoli design out there for you. So get creative and start making your own beautiful rangoli designs!
Featured Image creditIndia1277, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons